Usha Tat'yana Yur'evna, Candidate of philological sciences, associate professor, Russian State Pedagogical
University named after A. I. Gertsen (48 Moyka river embankment, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Qualitative changes in contingent of Russian schools necessitate the identification of students enophone («foreignphone»), however, the vagueness of the existing criteria for referring the students to the Russian speakers or to enophones becomes for a teacher a cause of methodological errors in teaching enophones Russian language as a school subject (as well as in teaching other school subjects). The goal of the study is to analyze the possibility of using tests in Russian as a foreign language for identification of enophones in school practice.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research objectives was achieved on the basis of studying the level of Russian language of students from multicultural schools in St. Petersburg. Methodological potential includes: empirical methods of observation of communicative situation at the Russian language lessons in a multicultural class, questionnaires, interview survey to identify mistakes of enophones as the language interference; method of statistical processing of linguistic errors of enophones.
Results. It is established that the language identification of a student does not always correspond to real useof language in the family, called native, and not always match the actual knowledge of the Russian language by students. But the objective criterion for identifying the ethnically non-Russian student in category «enophone» can only be tested using the test of Russian as a foreign language, adapted for schoolchildren.
Conclusions. For objective attribution of children of different nationalities to Russian speakers or to enophones (in order to determine the level of Russian language for implementation of communicative activity with students) when received at school there should be mandatory introductory testing. It is also advisable to conduct intermediate test during the transition from primary to secondary school, as well as the current testing at the end of units of the discipline. Such testing should be carried out on the basis of the test of Russian as a foreign language, which will require the development of a relevant professional competence of teachers at schools.
1. Azimov E. G., Shchukin A. N. Novyy slovar' metodicheskikh terminov i ponyatiy (teoriya i praktika obucheniya yazykam) [New dictionary of methodological terms and notions (theory and practice of language teaching)]. Moscow: IKAR, 2009, 448 p.
2. Kalenkova O. N., Feoktistova T. L. Metodicheskie materialy dlya testirovaniya deteyinofonov po russkomu yazyku [Methodological materials for children testing in Russian language]. Moscow: Etnosfera, 2009, 77 p.
3. Lysakova I. P. XXXVIII Mezhdunarodnaya filologicheskaya konferentsiya (Sankt-Peterburg, 16–20 marta 2009 g.) Vyp. 21. Russkiy yazyk kak inostrannyy i metodika ego prepodavaniya [XXXVIII International philological conference (Saint-Petersburg, 16–20 March 2009) Issue 21. Russian as a foreign language and teaching technique thereof]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo SPbGU, 2009. pp. 181–186.
4. Russkiy yazyk kak nerodnoy – put' k zhiznennomu i professional'nomu uspekhu : materialy kruglogo stola ROPRYaL (27 yanvarya 2006 g.) [Russian language as a foreign one – way to professional and life success: proceedings of the round table ROPRYaL (27 January 2006)]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo RGPU im. A. I. Gertsena, 2006, 99 p.
5. Usha T. Yu., Petrova S. I. Slovo est' Delo: yubileynyy sb. nauch. tr. v chest' professora I. P. Lysakovoy [Word is business: anniversary collected papers in the honor of professor I. P. Lysakova]. Saint Petersburg: Sudarynya, 2010, vol. 1, pp. 499–504.
6. Smirnova T. M. Gorod nashey obshchey sud'by: materialy nauch.-prakt. konf. i seminarov [City of our common destiny: proceedings of the scienctific and practical conference and seminars]. Saint Petersburg: Petropol', SPb. Dom natsional'nykh kul'tur, 2005, pp. 14–30.
7. Abramov V. P. Russkiy yazyk kak nerodnoy – put' k zhiznennomu i professional'nomu uspekhu : materialy kruglogo stola ROPRYaL (27 yanvarya 2006 g.) [Russian language as a foreign one – way to professional and life success: proceedings of the round table ROPRYaL (27 January 2006)]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo RGPU im. A. I. Gertsena, 2006, pp. 33–39.
8. Usha T. Yu. Nachal'naya shkola [Primary school]. 2007, no. 1, pp. 50–53.
9. Kuznetsova A. A. Russkiy yazyk kak inostrannyy: Teoriya. Issledovaniya. Praktika [Russian as a foreign language: Theory. Research. Practice]. Issue VIII. Saint Petersburg: Sudarynya, 2006, pp. 310–315.
10. Petrova S. I. Russkiy yazyk kak nerodnoy – put' k zhiznennomu i professional'nomu uspekhu: materialy kruglogo stola ROPRYaL (27 yanvarya 2006 g.) [Russian language as a foreign one – way to professional and life success: proceedings of the round table ROPRYaL (27 January 2006)]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo RGPU im. A. I. Gertsena, 2006, pp. 67–68.
11. Vasil'eva G. M., Kharchenkova L. I. Nauchnyy retsenziruemyy zhurnal o problemakh i perspektivakh obrazovaniya v Rossii i zarubezhom [Scientific reviewed journal of problems and perspectives of education in Russia and abroad]. 2012, no. 2–3, pp. 51–63.
12. Rashidova D. T. Russkiy yazyk kak instrument sozdaniya tolerantnoy sredy v polikul'turnoy shkole Sankt-Peterburga: ucheb.-metod. posobie dlya uchitelya [Russain language as an instrument of creation of the tolerant environment in a politically correct school of Saint-Petersburg: tutotial for teachers]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo RGPU im. A. I. Gertsena, 2012.
13. Tipovye testy po russkomu yazyku kak inostrannomu. Bazovyy uroven' [Model tests in Russian as a foreign language]. Moscow; Saint Petersburg: Zlatoust, 2003, 32 p.
14. Usha T. Yu. Korrektsionnyy kurs russkogo yazyka [Correction course of Russian language]. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo RGPU im. A. I. Gertsena, 2011, 40 p.